Sunday, April 19, 2009

What did I learn from the interactive journal process?

What did I learn from the interactive journal process?

Well, for starters, I was never quite sure of what a blog was before taking this class. I never really saw the importance of creating a site where people could go and read about what I think, nor did I ever think my thoughts would be of such importance that I would feel the need to write them down. But duh, of course it makes sense to use a blog in an educational setting. I can see where this type of interaction would have a place in the classroom.

So, besides figuring out what a blog was, I've also somehow successfully used the blog process to not only state my opinions on topics in education, but also to reflect on my classmates ideas. This has definitely been a learning experience.

Now that I have completed the requirements of the interactive journal, and I am no longer scared of messing things up, I think I may continue to use a blog for my own personal use. Being that I live far from family members, I find this an easy way to communicate via the internet. And, once I build up enough nerve, I could possibly see myself using a blog for the benifit of my classroom. It would be a great way to interact students and parents beyond the limits of the school grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment